Number of tick-borne encephalitis (TBE) cases
On the map, you can see the total number of TBE cases per region of infection between 2017 and 2021. See more on the website of the Finnish institute for Health and Welfare.
National vaccination programme and vaccination recommendations
The regions included in the national vaccination programme offer a free TBE vaccine to their permanent residents and summer-term residents.
The regions included in the national vaccination programme (2021):
- Kemi; southern districts of Kemi
- Kirkkonummi; Luoma and Masala areas
- Kotka; Kotka Archipelago
- Lappeenranta; Sammonlahti
- Lohja; Lohjanjärvi archipelago and Ojamo, Kirkniemi, Lylyinen/Hormajärvi and Vohloinen/Virkkala
- Preiskari island of Raahe
- Sipoo, Sipoo Archipelago
- Åland Islands
The Finnish institute for health and welfare recommends TBE vaccination in certain regions outside the vaccination programme. The recommendations are based on incidence rates and case-by-case discretion. The vaccinated patient pays for the vaccine themselves.
Regional vaccination recommendations of the Finnish institute for health and welfare:
- Espoo and Espoo Archipelago
- Helsinki; Southern Laajasalo, Jollas/Villinki, Kivinokka, Roihuvuori and western Herttoniemi
- Turku and Turku Archipelago
Read more about the vaccination programme and recommendations on the website of Finnish institute for health and welfare.